The Department for Child Protection has an opening for a Principal Employee Relations Consultant on a full-time term basis. This is an essential role in advising and supporting executive and senior managers in all employee relations matters.
The role is responsible for:
- Providing expert and comprehensive industrial and employee relations consultancy, information and assistance to Executive and senior managers to facilitate the management of all employee relations matters.
- Undertaking investigations, managing disciplinary process and providing advice on a range of employee relations matters.
- Contributing to the development and maintenance of an effective professional employee relations and industrial consultancy function for the Department.
- Acting as the department’s representative in matters before the South Australian Employment Tribunal, supporting managers in resolving employment disputes.
- Assisting in the planning, negotiation and implementation of Enterprise Bargaining Agreements for DCP in partnership with the Office for the Commissioner of Public Sector Employment.
The Department is looking for a confident and professional candidate who has demonstrated experience in resolving industrial disputes and managing complex disciplinary processes. Your high level interpersonal and communication skills will assist your ability liaise and negotiate with key internal and external stakeholders.
Your excellent written skills will complement your proven abilities in producing clear and accurate correspondence within short deadlines. This will also benefit your demonstrated ability to develop and implement sound policies and procedures, and to evaluate their success.
Additionally, you will have extensive knowledge of government legislations, policies, and activities related to a diverse range of human resources, employee relations and work health and safety functions.