The Department of Human Services use MailChimp to send out newsletters via email. MailChimp may collect personal information, such as distribution lists which contain email addresses, and other information relating to those email addresses.
The Department will only use this information to:
- create, send and / or manage emails relating to the work of the Department
- measure email campaign performance
- improve the features for specific segments of customers
- evaluate your use of the Department website
- compile reports on website activity for website operators, and
- provide other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
MailChimp may transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on MailChimps’s behalf.
MailChimp collects information about when you visit the website, when you use the services, your browser type and version, your operating system, and other similar information.
MailChimp is based in the United States of America (USA) and the information collected about your use of the website (including your IP address)
will be transmitted to and stored by MailChimp on servers located outside of Australia. We are required to inform you that by subscribing to our eNewsletter:
- You consent to your personal information being collected, used, disclosed and stored as set out in
- You understand and acknowledge that this service utilises a MailChimp platform, which is located in the United States of America (USA) and relevant legislation of the USA will apply.
- Australian Privacy Principle 8.1 contained in Schedule 1 of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) will not apply.
- You understand and acknowledge that MailChimp is not subject to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)
and you will not be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) but will need to seek redress under the laws of the USA.
however, you may not be able to use the services provided by MailChimp if cookies are disabled.
for compliance with their program requirements including transparency,
accountability, and choice related to the collection and use of your personal information. TRUSTe is an independent third party that operates a globally recognised privacy
trustmark (registered in the US).