The Department for Child Protection has a compelling opportunity for a Principal Policy Officer to join the Operational Policy unit on a full-time term basis.
The role is responsible for:
- Leading, conducting and managing governing document planning, development and implementation to support best practice in the care and protection sector.
- Analysing, evaluating and leading the development of policy responses to recommendations made by internal and external review bodies.
- Providing high quality, succinct and timely advice, including development of briefings, reports and other communications.
- Contributing to the ongoing maintenance and updating of the Policy Register, supporting the risk assessment process for DCP governing documents and providing secretariat support to the Policy Governance Committee.
- Representing the DCP at a senior level on inter-agency working groups.
To be considered for this role you will have demonstrated high-level experience in leading the development and implementation of projects and governing documents, specifically in areas with a legislative mandate. You will have a proven ability to prepare sound and timely strategic advice to senior management utilising your remarkable written skills to produce quality briefings and reports.
The successful applicant will also have high-level knowledge of the current national and international trends in the service directions and influences on models of children’s care and protection service delivery and relevant legislation. An important factor will be your significant experience in establishing and maintaining prominent effective relationships and networks in order to facilitate consultation with relevant stakeholders.
If you are looking for a role to utilise your prominent expertise in policy development to lead well-coordinated interface between policy and practise, then apply now.