The Department for Child Protection is excited to announce a long-term opportunity, for a
Regional Director role within the Far North Far West (FNFW) region.
We are searching for a dynamic and forward-thinking individual with a genuine passion for enhancing the safety and well-being of children and young people in our regions. A keen understanding of the unique challenges faced in regional or remote areas of South Australia is essential.
The Regional Director, FNFW is a full-time role, based at the Flinders Street office. Frequent intrastate travel is expected, with visits to country offices within the FNFW Region.
- Champion change and reform initiatives, encompassing the conceptualisation and execution of cultural change reforms, to ensure optimal outcomes for children, young people, families and communities.
- Deliver culturally competent services and programs to Aboriginal children, young people and families associated with DCP.
- Exhibit exceptional leadership, ensuring delivery of high quality protection services in the region. This includes prioritising attraction and retention of child protection professionals, while addressing industrial relations concerns as they arise, and planning for future needs.
- Devise and roll out regional strategies focusing on reducing the high number of Aboriginal children in care, reinforcing the strength and safety of Aboriginal families, communities and culture.
- Possess exceptional interpersonal and negotiation capabilities.
- Demonstrate aptitude in strategic thinking and planning, encompassing policy creation, business transformation, and change management.
- Have a deep understanding of child protection issues in South Australia and familiarity with national policies on the subject.
Ready to make a difference? Apply now!